ifab seeks to present the most innovative and adventurous developments in world cinema, to bring worthy filmmakers to a wider
attention, and to provide a platform for appreciative and informed discussion of their work. ifab is interested in films by emerging
filmmakers whose work show stylistic boldness, strength of form and the ambition to use the medium in a way that resists cliches
Rules & Regulations:
- Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadline, film length, entry material and other
- ALL films should be Germany premieres. ifab is particularly interested in world, international or European premieres.
- Non-German language works should have German subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted. In exceptions
Non-German language film may have just English subtitles.
- Promotional films are not eligible (e.g. films promoting tourism, charitable appeals, etc.).
- All submitted films should be no more than 5 Years old by the time of the screening.
- BluRays and hard drives of films invited to screen at ifab must arrive no later than 21 days before the first screening unless special
arrangements are made with the ifab organisers.
- ifab regards a short film as 60 minutes or under and a feature film as 60 minutes or over.
PLEASE NOTE that a submission fee is non-refundable.
We collect, process, and use your data only in the context of the legal requirements.This privacy statement applies solely to the use
of websites provided by us. It does not apply to websites of other service providers, to which we make reference by link.
When using our websites you will remain anonymous, as long as you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information. Personal
data is collected, only if it is necessary for the use of services offered on the website, in particular the contact form.
We will treat any supplied data strictly confidential. We will not pass on any personal data without your explicit consent, unless we
are legally obliged to do so. We would like to point out, however, that data transmitted over the internet can always be viewed or
falsified by a third party. At your request, we will allow you to inspect any stored data from you and/or delete it if you want us to do
so. If you want to correct, delete or take a look at your data, simply write a letter to the address stated in the legal notice. Within the
framework of our newsletter program, we will only send out product updates, etc. to our customers, if you provide us with your e-mail
The International Film Awards Berlin is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for
exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands
and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the International Film Awards Berlin from and against any and all claims,
liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred
by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos
ifab logo credits:
Photography by Laurence Heintz
Photophopped by Florian Hatje
Concept by Philipp Müller-Dorn
Impressum / registration information:
Angaben gem. § 5 TMG
Betreiber und Kontakt:
ifab Müller-Dorn GbR
ifab Müller-Dorn GbR wird vertreten durch Philipp Müller-Dorn